Saturday, February 04, 2012

Banana Cake

I'm a cake making fool lately. After the chocolate and lemon, I did a banana cake. I didn't have any butter, so I specifically picked this one since it called for shortening which I had. But I forgot that the frosting called for butter. So I substituted some shortening and water for the butter. The result? Disgusting.

The cake was good, but the frosting was slippery and tasted strange. Unfortunately, I didn't figure that out until after I frosted it. Waste of a cake.

Michael has requested a pineapple upside down cake, but I'm thinking that is above my skill level. If this keeps up, I'll need to get one of the cake stands that spins and something to cover the cake in fridge. Fancy!

3 comments:

Michael said...

If you have to make 4 or 5 pineapple upside down cakes before you get it right, I will be at your side, with a fork in my hand.

Kathleen said...

A stick of butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, melted in bottom of cake pan, line in pineapple, pour on yellow cake batter over and bake per cake instructions. Per Valoree. :)

Michael said...

No wonder it's so delicious!