Wednesday, February 08, 2012

I'm a mom.

Sometimes it cracks me up that I'm a mom. The feeling usually comes up with Parker.

For example, the other day, he had a friend over and wanted to play with his iPod so he came downstairs looking to see how many poker chips he has (currency in our house that he can exchange for privileges like playing with his iPod). He had none so started scanning the list to see how to earn some quickly (like taking out recycling or cleaning room). I saw him and said, "You can have free screen time with Aidan." He said, "Really?!" and then ran upstairs yelling, "My mom said we could have free screen time!"

Another example happened today when the girls and I were walking back to our car after pick up. One of Parker's friends saw me from the lunch patio and said, "Hey Parker, your mom is right there. I see her. Your mom!" Parker was oblivious, but it still cracked me up.

No comments: