Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Old Clothes

A million years ago, I was interviewing a guy for a job at the SPCA. He was a good looking, strapping lad who ended up not taking the job or not getting it...I can't remember which one. He left his navy blue pull-over at the SPCA at the interview and I took it home thinking that I would contact him to return it. I didn't. I just started wearing it. And I'm still wearing it. One of the sleeves is sort of falling apart; the lining that covers the end of the sleeve is coming off so it falls over my thumb regularly. I have no idea why I continue to wear it or how I've possibly kept it this long when other items of clothing that I care more about and enjoy more have been lost or ruined by baby spit up, other such stains or bad laundering. It's a mystery.

No comments: