Monday, February 13, 2012

Pod People

Something is wrong with me. I'm not sure what, but something is definitely wrong. I've been exceptionally tired even though I've been sleeping tons, listless and blah for a little over a week. I've also had some strange pains for about the same time. I had a biopsy about 2 weeks ago but it came back clear except for some polyps which have to be removed. Doctor doesn't think they are related and he's gonna test my thyroid again. I hope it's just that, but it's a drag for sure to feel like this. Not me at all.

Tonight Michael and I both knew something was up when I didn't even want to have a piece of the cake that I made. He said that if he ever had to do "was rachel replaced with a pod person" test, he would offer the 'rachel' some cake and if she didn't take it, he would think it is a pod person.

6 comments:

Oaktownmom said...

I had the same thing recently for two weeks (and I never get sick). It started with cold-like symptoms, then I felt like I had a fever but never had a temperature, then I felt slightly nauseous and had weird sensitivity in my back. And between the nausea and fatigue I felt so weird I actually took a pregnancy test! (Negative BTW). Now Pat's pretty sure he has the same thing. I offer all of TMI b/c maybe you have the same thing...Hope that's all it is.

Rachel said...

I had a blood test today and for the first time in my life they couldn't find a vein. Not in one arm. Not in the other. Got a supervisor involved and then they got a tiny one. This has never happened so I have to think it's related in some way.

Kika said...

So sorry Rachel. Anemic?? U can come join my pity party. All kidding aside, hope you feel better soon.

Sara said...

Maybe too obvious, but are you dehydrated? What with the never drinking water thing? That would lead to the vein problem too...

Rachel said...

But Sara, I've never drank anything and this was all of a sudden. Why the change now? Years and years of not drinking finally caught up??

Sara said...

All those years of HARD not drinking catching up. I'm no doctor, but it's worth asking about. Your body could change its needs, especially with all the running. Could also be the iron thing like Kym had. Or carbon monoxide. How come everything that could be wrong is something Kym had happen to her? Maybe your car got stolen while you were out of town...