Monday, February 27, 2012

A horse of course.

Miranda took a horse riding lesson today. She's been crazy for horses for a while now and I would have dismissed it as a typical five year old girl crazy thing but Elizabeth is not so I put more weight into Miranda's obsession. I was looking into camps for the summer and the cut off for horse camp was 6 so I asked them if she could do it at five and a half. They suggested she do some classes first. So we did one today. She loved it so we'll be doing a few more since sometimes love is fleeting. Just as with Piano and Chess, I don't know much about horses so I'll have to learn along with her since I'm the one that will need to get the horse ready for the lesson. Today she rode Snowy. She even trotted.













2 comments:

Sara said...

That is awesome. I was obsessed too. It lasted years. I still kind of love horses. Did you take her to Miss Molly's School for the Horsely Arts?

Were you looking at Girl Scout camps? Skylark has a horse camp, but I didn't note the age.

Rachel said...

Just did it at Redwood Ranch at Skyline and Redwood. Close and easy. They have a camp too!