Sunday, June 01, 2008

Garage Sale Will Power

This weekend was the big Twins by the Bay Garage Sale. I was heavily involved coordinating all the sellers and working both days at the sale. It went well and the club seemed to make some good money.

Michael, as I imagined, was worried that I would come home with piles of plastic crap. It's a valid worry considering the crap possibilities were huge. But... I was very, very good.

On day one, I only got two pairs of shoes for $3 and on day two, I only did the $5 fills a bag, where you stuff whatever you can in a brown bag for 5 dollars. Another twin mom gave me these little dresses, which are simply ridiculous and even more so for someone who doesn't do much for christmas. But no one was buying them and Twin Mom Amy wanted them to go to a good home. And, of course, the girls love them. They saw them in the bag, grabbed them out and almost demanded they be put on. (And yes, the go with the sparkly shoes that I got on day 1.)

Michael, needless to say, was very impressed with my will power.




No comments: