Monday, June 16, 2008

Preschool Camp Day One

I took Parker to his first day of preschool camp today. A friend watched the gals so I could ensure Parker was settled on day one. He was a tad clingy for the first couple minutes, but then when he saw all the cool stuff he basically forgot I was there. So when Circle Time started 15 minutes after camp began, I said my good byes and left. Before doing so a couple moms who were working (it's a co-op camp) said, Is this is first day here? Wow, he is doing really well. He adjusts so quickly! I smiled and nodded.

So, when I went to get him just 2 hours later (I had the girls with me this time), he was in tears. He immediately came over and hugged me saying he wanted to fix the track. Two working moms told me he was great all morning until about 15 minutes ago when he started asking for mommy. I spoke with the teacher just before walking to the car and she said, "Yes, he was upset about cleaning up the tracks when he wanted to fix the bridge." I thought no one knew why he was upset so I was glad to see she was paying attention. She gave me some tips about how to handle it and said, "Crying is ok here." She should come to our house. ;)

As we were leaving, a mom said "He is sure is good with numbers." No, really?

No comments: