Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Totally Unrelated

Elizabeth is quite the little nose blower. She'll take some tissue, ball it up, hold it up to her nose, and the blow so hard her whole body shakes. The snot gets out her of nose, but due to her technique, she gets it all over her face. This morning she did it and then dropped the tissue on the ground. I asked her to put it in the garage and she, although she totally understood me, ignored me. So I told her until she put it in the garage, I would ignore her too. I hung out with Miranda and she kept coming over to try to play or be picked up. I repeated myself and she shook her head no. This went on for a good 30 minutes. Then Miranda came to lie down with me. Elizabeth asked to join in and I held firm on the whole snotty tissue on the ground situation. So, she finally went over, picked it up, put it in the trash and then came over to me smiling.

Neither Miranda or Elizabeth say NO (thank god), but they do both say Yes. Well, actually Elizabeth says Yes. Miranda is now saying "Yup!" It started with Yes. Went to Yeah and now is at Yup.

Parker's math is getting more advanced. He was adding simple numbers and then restating equations that he had heard or knew. But now, he is actually figuring stuff out. Today he added 12 and 13 on the fridge and got 25. He did that with other 2 digit numbers as well. I think he is doing it in increments of 1, but who really knows what is going on in his brain.

When I was with Parker at Adventure Playground yesterday, the girls were enjoying some snacks at Susans.

1 comment:

Ebba said...

fyi when Elizabeth outgrows her glittery red sparkle shoes, I saw them new at Hannah's, that consignment store at the top of Solano...