Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Naps

A couple months ago, I had to get some stuff done during nap time so rather than reading books and singing songs, I told the girls I had to "work" and I couldn't sing songs that day. Amazingly, they were silent and just went to sleep.

I tried this again and then again and still again and almost every time it works perfectly. The only caveat is that Parker can't be napping in the same room as his tossing and turning and chatting with his buddies (Ted, Lion, Ed, Fred, and Bob) keep the girls awake and then they all start goofing off. So I ask Parker to sleep upstairs in our bed (which is still considered a special thing) and he falls asleep by himself too.

Some days Parker isn't too tired so I let him have "quiet time" when he plays with the trains or his computer or whatever. Yesterday he did this and after about an hour he said he was tired and wanted to lie down. He then fell asleep for an hour and a half.

I've got some friends with twins who are having trouble with naps these days or have given them up completely, so I think I should feel very lucky my three are such good nappers still.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes you are VERY lucky! Sam hasnt taken a regular nap since before we moved and now Sydney is showing the signs of wanting to give them up...ugh! Courtney still loves to nap but gets up to dang early so of course she needs a nap, I wish I could too!