Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bittersweet

The saga of the Nissan has ended. I sold it today to a family from the neighborhood. We got close to asking which was more than we thought we would and more than they wanted to pay. I am glad that is now behind me now, but I was sad to walk away from it. I loved that stupid, smelly car. Just driving it to the smog station reminded me how much so. I had really wanted to give it away to someone who would have loved it as much as I did (as I did my first car and only other Nissan -the only other car I have owned that was not totaled). But didn't really know anyone who was in need of SUV and couldn't get over not making back some of the money we spent on de-stinkafying it.

So today, Michael signed the papers and the new owners drove it away...with my 4PITFIX license plate (call 1-866-4pitfix if you want to know what that is about). Nice to have the money in the bank but sad that period of my life is over. Maybe when the kids are grown, I'll go out and get another one...


1 comment:

Val said...

The old Nissan is sentimental to me as we took college road trips in it and I learned to drive stick on it through the hills of SF. Loved that little red car.