Monday, August 02, 2010

Skype from Prague

I Skyped home today from Prague, and spoke to the whole family for about 15 minutes which was wonderful. I used the speakerphone on my iPhone so Kevin could hear, and the kids were a riot. I asked each of them to tell me their favorite part of their camping trip, and got to hear each one in turn. Parkers was riding his bike and finding the fishing place, elizabeths was the marshmellows, and Mirandas I don't at this moment recall, although I am confident it was very cute. The whole thing was quite sweet. I could picture them all huddled around Rachels computer, and they all sounded happy and excited to talk to me. They were exceptionally good at taking turns. They asked me what my favorite part of my trip was, and I told them that my favorite part was find the perfect presents for each of them. Miranda asked if her present was the smallest, because she liked to pretend to be the baby.

Hands down the most satisfying long distance call I've ever made, and all the better for being free. Yay Skype.

No comments: