Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Stuff From Today

1.) Only 4 people stopped to talk to me about Elizabeth's bike riding (the fact that she is going full speed ahead and then slams on the breaks to come to a skidding stop) at the park this morning. "How old is she?" "How did you teach her? "My son won't do it and he is 6." "Wow!" Yada, Yada, Yada.

I just say, "Yeah, she is really good at it. It's just the way she is."

They seem to want more of an explanation, but I don't really have one. I'll be happy when she moves to the bigger size bike and the tininess of all of it isn't so noticeable.

2.) I trimmed a bush on the side of our front steps today. Got the kids to help without really asking. Had the girls jump on the top of the leaves in the bin to smash them down. Big hit.

3.) Canceled (gave 30 days notice for) girls swim class since they have been doing too much complaining about it. Then yesterday and today, they did the best I have seen, swimming like superstars. Argh.

4.) Went to a new park today in Berkeley. I can't believe there are still parks I haven't been to.

5.) Miranda can almost blow up a balloon by herself. Parker and Elizabeth don't even come close.

6.) After watching hours and hours of Kipper, Dora, and Diego last week when everyone was sick, the kids started complaining (this week) about the limited tv. I didn't like that one bit so I told them no tv for a week. Really a punishment for me, but that really bugs me.

7.) Gave away 10 vases on freecycle today. Why I had so many vases, god only knows.

8.) After a long time without a housecleaner, I tried a new one today. She was 45 minutes late, lost the key that I left for her by sweeping it and the other trash on the front porch into the bushes and then left our house unlocked when she left. I thought the message from that was to try cleaning it again myself. Michael thought the message was to try another housekeeper.

9.) After telling Parker that the new cafe at the swim class gym was a Thai restaurant and thusly they didn't have cheetos or really anything he would like except sticky rice he said, "What is sticky rice?" I said, "It's something called sticky rice...what do you think ist is?"

No comments: