Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

No, it hasn't happened yet. Won't until next week. But it seems like everyone else is starting this week, so facebook is full of pics of kids on their first day, standing in front of their school or at their house with the backpack and all that. Parents are nervous, crying, etc.

I just don't get it. I'm not sure if that is the case because of who I am (the lady who had no wedding and barely brushes her hair on a daily basis) or because of who Parker is, but I just don't see what all the fuss is. Parker will do fine. He's ready. He might be spacey and obnoxious from time to time, but won't the other kids too? He might start spouting nonsense about some random game he made up in his head, but is that really worse than 5 year olds talking about the pros and cons of Luke Skywalker? I think not. Will he make friends? Sure. Will he make his reading and math skills known? I doubt it.

Will he have fun? I guarantee it.

No comments: