Sunday, March 27, 2011

13.1

Ran the half marathon today. I felt a little faint and light headed the first few miles which kinda bummed me out. Then I felt ok for the next 4-6 miles. My legs were a bit tired today, so I felt really slow. The kids and Michael came out to cheer me on at mile 10, but when I got there, Elizabeth was having a meltdown. Parker gave me a flower and Miranda a tiny little sign that said Go Mom! I got a major stitch in my side just after the 25 miles mark (which meant I had one mile to go...not that I ran 25 miles). I had to walk a few blocks to make it go away, but then I was ok and ran the last 1/2 mile in. I beat my time from last year by about 8-9 minutes which is great, but I'm still damn slow. Afterwards I went to one of my friends house where a big bunch of us ate and hung out in the hot tub. I missed Parker's tball game, which left me feeling very guilty. I figure there will be tons of tball games and not that many after half marathon celebrations...

At least it's done.

1 comment:

Amity said...

Congrat Rach! I'm looking forward to my first 1/2 in May. Keep training...I may try to talk you into a 3 day triathlon in September in Tahoe.....