Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Miranda's Fear

This is what Miranda said on the way home from school today:

Miranda: Mom, I have been thinking about something bad and I want to tell you about it. I'm afraid that my throat will get broke.

Me: Why are you afraid of that?

Miranda: I don't know. I just am. I'm afraid a tiny pirate will come along and take a sword and cut my head off.

Me: Wow. That is scary. Did someone talk to you about that today at school.

Miranda: No. I'm just thinking about that.

Me: That isn't very fun. Can you think of something else?

Miranda: No! I can't think of anything except that think!

Me: What does Maria say when you don't want to be sad anymore... Whiskers on kittens...

Miranda: WHEN THE DOG BITES! WHEN THE BEES STING! WHEN I'M FEELING SAD! I SIMPLY REMEMBER MY FAVORITE THINGS AND THEN I DON'T FEEL SO BAD!

(End of conversation.)

No comments: