Friday, March 04, 2011

Refereeing

Sometimes I think I jump in to referee the kids' fight too quickly. Usually, I get involved when I hear screaming and or crying. I separate them or ask what the problem is or take away whatever they were fighting about. But lately, I've noticed that if I don't go, it usually blows over on its own. Of course, from time to time, it does not and I have to go deal with it.

For example, this morning, I was in the kitchen eating my breakfast. Elizabeth and Miranda were upstairs. I hear them screaming, then Miranda crying and telling Elizabeth NO and then more yelling. And then nothing. And then they both come downstairs in princess dresses, holding hands, singing made up songs. Happy as can be.

I guess my laizzez faire (ie lazy) parenting approach pays off. Finally.

No comments: