Monday, May 30, 2011

Kids. Can't live with 'em. Pass the beer nuts.

The kids all wanted to go back to Muscle beach this morning before we went to mom's house. It was crowded, but we got a spot in the parking lot on the beach and walked over to the bars and rings. Almost immediately, all three kids for different reasons and in different places start whining and or complaining. Elizabeth wants to do this thing on the rings, but can't understand what to do despite her doing it yesterday and me telling her and showing her. She starts crying. Miranda gets up on something, but can't get down and starts complaining and whining and then yelling at me. Then Parker wants to do this thing on the rings, but bonks his head and doesn't want to try again until I am out of arms' reach. Then he falls to the ground and looks/acts bored.

By this time (not 10 minutes after we had arrived) I'm ready to leave and tell them so. Then they all whine that they want to stay. But no one is doing anything and I'm pissed and tell them so. I have no patience for this kind of nonsense and they know it.

They recover fairly well and we all go get bikes out of the car. I let them ride up and back on the bike path which is terrifying for me as they are little, not so fast, but get out of site pretty quickly. Everyone, including Miranda who is still figuring out her big bike, does very well. I'm thinking that it was great to bounce back from such a lame beginning and then Miranda starts yelling and pouting that I'm not going to buy her a corn dog.

No comments: