Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Leaping

Parker is participating in a research study for Leap Frog, a company that makes electronic "learning" toys. I thought it would be fun for him, possibly the only time he would ever get to play with something like that, and he gets paid too!

After having no success at the football game (what was I thinking), he is quite happy playing something called Mr Pencil which asks the child to do inane things like trace letters and draw curves lines. But he loves it. We put his age at Kindergarten at first, but then he asked if we could move it to 1st grade.

Then, it turns out our unit was bad so I had to get a new one and set it up again. This morning, I told him that I set it at 2nd grade since 1st seemed easy. He responded that he had set it at 4th grade on his own and changed the background image from some tree to a baseball.

Then he said, "It's still pretty easy, mom."

No, duh, Parker. No frigin' duh.

No comments: