Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Not cute.

The girls and I went to a retirement party for one of their preschool teachers. It was a nice event with years and years of alumni there. It was cute to see teenagers thanking her for making birthday crowns.

At one point, Elizabeth came up to me when I was talking to another mom and said, "There are some older kids climbing trees, but climbing trees is not allowed at Sequoia Nursery School."

I said it was a special night and she could climb the tree. But since she was wearing a fancy dress, I said she might not want because she would probably ruin the dress.

She replied, "That's ok. I have another dress at home" and ran off.

The other mom turned to me and so, "Oh my god, she is so cute. I just can't stand how cute she is."

I didn't see anything cute about the exchange. I found it annoying. Which I guess is what makes me different than most moms.

No comments: