Thursday, May 05, 2011

Two stories or one?

We've had some house issues with the new house and there have been workers here almost every day since we moved in a month ago. They have been painting, putting hardware on windows, fixing blinds, mending fences, and doing other things. The landlord is doing most of it himself so it is taking a long time. I'm trying to be very patient, but it's hard when you are naked and someone walks into your house saying, 'HI, Painter is here!" But, we did get new stove, microwave, and will get new dishwasher this weekend. The bottom line is that they should have done all the fixes and had us move in on May 1st.

The toilets have been a particular problem. They don't flush well and overflow daily. We almost have to plunge after every use. We've talked to the landlord about it, have had him come out to look at them, had a plumber come out to check the main line, and nothing major has been noted except the toilets are old and need to be replaced. He didn't want to do that now since he wanted to get one on sale or something. So we've been plunging and cleaning up messes as they arise. Pun intended.

Then the other day, the downstairs toilet gets clogged and I can't get it unclogged. Michael can't either. Landlord can't either. We stop using it. Landlord agrees fix is needed and says he'll have plumber by in the morning to snake them both and replace one at a time.

In other news...I lost my cell phone. I came home from picking up the girls the other day and had it with me at the car and then lost track of it. I looked everywhere. I called it, ran around the house, both inside and out, listening for the ring, but was unsuccessful. I called it the next day and it went right to voice mail indicated it was out of power. I thought maybe I dropped it and some kid picked it up. Rather than dealing with Trac phone (the pre paid phone people I used) I finally, as Michael would say, entered the 21st century and got an iPhone. Or I got Michael's old one. Same phone number, new phone. Except for the monthly fee, I felt the whole transfer and customer service aspect were pretty painless.

Ok, back to the toilet situation. I was out all day today as the plumber and landlord did their thing with the toilets. Then I get an email on my new iPhone that they discovered the problem with the downstairs toilet.

They found a cell phone in the pipe wayyyyy down.

1 comment:

Val said...

That's awesome.