Saturday, November 18, 2006

Baby Boot Camp

Don't let that title fool you...we aren't sending our gals away to boot camp (at least not yet). Baby Boot Camp is an exercise class where moms (and dads) can work out with their kids. I took the class when Parker was a baby and I just started up again with the girls. The format is simple: some running/walking with the stroller in a nice outdoor setting sprinkled with some light strengthening work with bands. It's a good work out and quite hard for someone as out of shape as I am. And even harder pushing a double stroller like the double snap n go. I'm the only twin mom in the class and everyone seems very impressed that I am there.

Today someone said, "Wow, I'm impressed."

I said, "Why, because I'm not crying?"

"No," she said, "because you have two and are here at two months."

I smiled politely and kept on huffing and puffing as I watched the pack of mommies move far ahead of me.

No comments: