Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sleep, wonderful sleep.

Last night we put Parker to bed about 7:30 and then went to get the gals settled in. The witching hour had ended, but they were still fidgety and needed some rocking/bouncing. They both fell asleep about 15-20 minutes later. Michael and I cleaned up the house (something we do each night now because otherwise it gets way out of hand too fast), checked our email and then figured out who/what we were going to vote for. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 10:30. I figured the gals would be waking up within the hour so I pumped, did some more straightening up, matched up some socks and then waited for them to get up. But they didn't. I kept thinking they would wake up any moment so I didn't want to fall asleep only to be woken up minutes later. So I put on Letterman and watched Will Ferrel say some pretty funny stuff. It was now 12:30 and the girls were still sleeping. So I said, "screw it" and went to sleep.

The next thing I knew someone was crying. It sounded like Elizabeth so I headed down stairs and was thrilled when I saw it was 3am. Holy Moly! She slept for 7 hours and Miranda was still sleeping. I fed Elizabeth, pumped and then Miranda woke up at 3:40. I put them both down and they fell asleep again quickly.

They next woke up around 6:30 and dad, who had gotten up with Parker at 5:45, fed them. I woke up at 7:15 after 7 hours of sound, albeit interuppted, sleep.

Life is good.

No comments: