Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I love Target. I hate Target.

I spend a lot of time at Target. Not sure why, but it seems I always need something. Wipes. Cat food. Laundry detergent. Something.

Today I went to get a stroller. A Sit n Stand. Where the baby rides in the carseat in front and a toddler can stand or sit behind them. This seems to be the only way, with the third child in the bjorn, that I will ever get anywhere with all three of them.

But Target didn't have on the shelves. I got some other items and checked out. When I was asked "Did I find everything ok?" I said, "No, I was looking for the Sit N Stand, but didn't see it. Are there any in the back?" The nice check out lady told me possibly, but that the folks at the customer service window could help me.

Although Miranda was starting to act up, I went to the line. There were two people there helping one person. When she was free I walked up and said very clearly, "I am looking for a Sit N Stand stroller, but I didn't see one on the shelves. The check out clerk told me to ask you if you had any in the back." The woman looked at me as if I was speaking Italian (and she was not Italian.) "What?" she said. I wasn't sure what part she didn't understand, so I repeated the whole thing. Then she "what is the part number?" I said I didn't know. She said she needed this to look it up. I asked how I could find out the part number if it wasn't on the shelf. She repeated that she needed it. And I asked again how was I suppose to get it. She then said some other guy could go look on the shelf to find the number. I reminded her there were none on the shelf, but she didn't seem to care. He had trouble finding it so she asked me what the brand of the carseat was. I reminded her it was a stroller and not a carseat. "Ah yes," she said. Then she asked if she could help the next person while this guy looked for the number. "Sure. Whatever." She seemed to be the only person in Target that didn't notice I had two babies with me and one wasn't so happy. (Every other person stopped to oooh and ahhh, but she didn't even notice.)

What seemed like hours later, she told me, "He can't find any on the shelf so we can't find the number."

I was in some sort of alternate reality, it seemed. Just when Miranda was about to throw a major fit, the other lady turns around and says, "Oh, did you want the Sit N Stand? We sold out last week and aren't carrying it anymore."

So I loaded the kids back in the car, learned my lesson and called the next Target before going there. They didn't have it either. No one seems to have it. But I can order it on line and pay for shipping. Great. Lucky me.

No comments: