Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day One: Part 3

Well...the impossible was possible. I took a nap today. Got Miranda to sleep and then ran upstairs to snooze since the window is short. Unfortunately, Parker woke up screaming, as he does sometimes from naps, about 30 minutes later. I went to get him, gathered him up and took him into bed with me to calm down. Luckily, he went back to sleep for...an hour. That means I got a nap for an hour and a half before he woke up again. Fantastic. We stayed in bed for another 15 minutes or so and then got the call from the gals that they were hungry. Parker stayed upstairs watching baby crack and I fed the gals.

Then we all hung out the living room and Parker's room until 4:45 when Daddy came home. (Yay daddy for coming home early.) I ran to the store to get some fruit and milk and the girls were ready to eat again when I got back. Dad gave Parker a bath. We all had dinner, in shifts, of course. Then we got everyone into bed (a process that takes about 45 minutes.)

So, at 7:42, the kitchen is clean, the kids are asleep, our bellies are full (or as full as they can be on Nutrisystems) and I'm about to go lie down.

It was a long day, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. All the kids seemed to know to be good today...for mommy's sake.

God bless them.

No comments: