Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

On Thanksgiving, we should give thanks. So here I go...

I'm thankful that Michael got me the most excellent fake fur blanket for my birthday, which is today. I'm also thankful that I got a nap on said blanket today.

I'm thankful he made me my giant hoho cake. My dad or my husband has baked this cake for me every year for my birthday since I was 13.

I'm thankful Parker can sit in his room and read quietly by himself. It makes life so much easier when trying to soothe two fussy babies during the witching hour.

I'm thankful that Miranda is freakishly strong. At two months, she can sit in the bumbo chair for a good long time.

I'm thankful Michael is such a wonderful father who loves his son and girls so much.

I'm thankful Parker likes his bath so much and doesn't mind sharing the water with his little sister Miranda.






And although I don't have pictures of the following, I'm still thankful for:

  • The Marcuses phone call. They played a three verse chorus of Happy Birthday for me. I though the piano and guitar were most impressive.
  • The Whole Foods thanksgiving dinner we ate tonight. Yum, garlic mashed potatoes.
  • The trip to the park with Elizabeth and Parker. I felt like a normal mother.
  • The fact that it is 7:24 and everyone is in bed and there is still cake left.

No comments: