Monday, November 10, 2008

Frog and Toad tidbits

-My mom got Parker two Frog and Toad books when she was last up. He immediately loved them. Unfortunately, we immediately lost one. I had no idea where it was for weeks and weeks and then today I found it. On the book shelf. Crazy place for a book, but that is a separate blog. He had only read that book a couple times, but upon seeing it again, he demanded the first three stories. I wondered why he didn't ask for them by page number (as he does with all of his new chapter books), but then I realized this book doesn't have page numbers. What the hell is up with that? Table of contents, but no page numbers.

-I have very strong memories of these books from when I was a kid. Mostly the cookie story, but the dream story has a strong memory too. Funny how some things stick to you.

-And what is up with Frog and Toad anyway? Best friends? Lovers? I would think the latter, but then Toad won't let Frog see him in his bathing suit, so I began to wonder. Stuff I think about after being stuck home with the kids all day.

No comments: