Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sad Day.

I only have one memory of my mom crying in front of me. And I don't remember much of the details. We were in New York and I believe my siblings and I were carrying on, not doing what she wanted, which was clean our rooms or something like that, and she started crying.

Today, I cried in front of the kids. I felt like death and pretty much stayed on the couch all day while the three of them had to entertain themselves. Michael was in an all day meeting/presentation that he couldn't get out of so I had to deal with them on my own while I couldn't swallow and my whole head pounded.

By nap time, I was done. They were all in their places ready for their books and slightly goofing off. I asked them to stop and pay attention and they didn't so I said, "Listen guys, I'm sick. I need your help. I can't do this anymore and you need to help me. Can you please sit still and listen to the books?" Pretty much from 'I need your help' and on I was crying and the crying continued most of the way through Feathers for Lunch. Parker looked stunned. Elizabeth confused. And sensitive Miranda started crying herself for a moment. I felt bad, but it just came out.

They were actually very well behaved today and I could have had it a lot worse for sure. Parker kept asking Elizabeth to play with him (which entailed going to the top of the stairs and screaming.) Miranda sat and read to herself for much of the day. Parker was also helpful fetching things for me like tissues, remotes, and wipes as well as running to check in to see what Miranda and Elizabeth were up to in the other room. He was very sweet.

I was very happy when Michael got home.

No comments: