Monday, November 03, 2008

Random Updates

When my mom visited time before last, she taught Parker how to put on his own jacket by flipping it over his head after sticking his arms in. It took a while, but now he can do it perfectly. Elizabeth, of course, watched him do it a few times and then gave it a try. She too can now do it perfectly. Amazing.

For the last two nights, Miranda has sung herself to bed. No screaming. No crying. No whining. Just singing. She sings Hey Lolly with all of her favorite people included like Mommy, Daddy, Rachel, Michael, Biza, Parker and now Lincoln. I'm not sure if the 90 minutes of crying the other day showed her it wasn't worth it or if it was just time to stop the screaming. We aren't having any "yay I can sleep now" parties, yet, but we are thrilled so far.

Elizabeth can now count to 13 and seems to even slightly understand what she is saying. Miranda can do it to 6 and seems to have no clue.

Parker drew a big clock today in preschool that had numbers 1-27 in it. After school I asked him where 28 was and he said it stopped at 27. I asked him why. After a bit of this kind of question he finally said totally frustrated at me, Because I ran out of room! This was kind of similar to the discussion about another piece of art. It was these 4 lines going across the paper like tracks or rivers or something else. I asked him "what's this a picture of". His response, "Lines, mommy."

No comments: