Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ugh.

I went to my moms this morning to do something different and keep the Marcus house a bit more empty and quiet for Amy and Eran who are cooking dinner for tonight. As we were a little early and I was a tad tired, we stopped at Peets two blocks from her house. We all got out and went in. I ordered a mocha for me and a orange juice for the kids. It was crowded there so only two chairs were available for the kids as waited for the drink. Elizabeth and Miranda nabbed them and Parker did not like this at all. He started to protest and cry. I told him not to worry about the chair and he could stand like me. Didn't help. He cried more. I told him to pull it together or we would leave without orange juice. Didn't help either. So I said, OK, let's go. And that is when the fun began. All three in perfect harmony started crying and screaming. Everyone in Peets looked at us. We were quite a sight for sure. I tried to get them to walk to the door, but Elizabeth and Parker were already on the floor demanding to stay. So I left the store without them to put my drink down outside. Elizabeth ran to the door where she immediately threw herself on the ground again. Parker and Miranda were still at the table screaming. I picked up Miranda and dragged Parker out of the place. I put them down on the sidewalk and went back in for Elizabeth. I picked her up and put her down outside. I then took Parker (who was screaming, "I'M READY TO BE GOOD NOW. I'M READY TO STOP SCREAMING!!!!) and Miranda to the car. Since the car was a good 50 feet from the front door, people were stopping to stare at Elizabeth flat on the ground in front of the door. Several people who didn't see the beginning of the incident wondered where the mom was. I threw the kids in the car and went back for Elizabeth who was still screaming. Some people were smiling at me and some were not. I kept my cool the whole time and tried not to look like the kind of person who threw her kids in the car or abandoned them at Peets, but it wasn't easy. With all three kids in the car, they were all still screaming and demanding orange juice which I refused to provide.

I've been in public when one kids throws a fit, and when two kids are having tantrums, but I've never done it with all three before. Guess I can check that off the list now.

No comments: