Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Drugs

I feel like an old lady with all these drugs I am taking.

I wake up in the morning, take the thryoid pill. Then I have to wait 30 minutes to eat. Then I have to take 6 steroid pills with breakfast. I can't have food in me for the thyroid, but I have to have some in me for the steroids. It reminds me of when I got these three holes in my throat a year or so after college. Some pill (for a UTI) got stuck in my throat and burned three holes. I had to take these pills to fix it, but they had to be mashed up into slurry. There were antibiotics too. Some with food, some no food, some just before food. I remember my mom (who was up taking care of me) and making spreadsheets on scratch paper to try to figure it out. The whole thing was ridiculous.

And the really lame thing is, the steroid pill makes me feel like I drank 10 espressos and it doesn't seem to be helping my back. Great.

2 comments:

Jyllian said...

I'm sorry, Rachel. I've taken prednisone a few times for asthma and it sucks. I would be totally wired but also totally unable to think clearly. Assuming you're on pred or something similar, it will probably take a couple of days to kick in.

Rachel said...

Thanks Jyllian. That is what it is. Good to know it will kick in.