Sunday, June 21, 2009

Self Sufficient

This afternoon, the kids were all just playing outside, doing whatever it is they do while I at my computer at the dining room table. I see Elizabeth out of the corner of my eye walking down the side of the house. Then I see her pushing a tricycle towards the house. The next thing I know, she has it on the deck (which as you know if you've been here means that she lifted the thing up a couple steps to get it there.) And then, before I notice, she is riding it across the dining/living room. At first I was just plain impressed that she did that all but then I realize I probably didn't want trike riding in the house and asked her to remove it. She then got very upset and said, "It's too hard for me to carry it out!" Yeah, right, I thought but said, "You rode it in, you ride it out."

And she did.

No comments: