Monday, October 04, 2010

Premonition?

In general, I can never really picture the kids at any age except the age they currently are. I know they were younger, but I don't truly remember it. I know they will get bigger, but I just can't envision it. Perhaps this is an universal issue but I kinda think not since I know my mom used to say a lot, "When you were 5, blah, blah, blah..." telling stories about the past in such great detail, she had to remember it as if it was yesterday.

But then today I got a little peek into the future with Parker. It came and went very fast, but it was clear nonetheless. He was playing on the playground after school. Running around on the play structure. Some of his classmates were there. At one point, this little girl came over and sort of grabbed him, smiled and ran off. He smiled back and they did this a few more times before she had to leave.

I immediately saw him as a water polo player, still smart as a whip, but cool and popular too. And tan. Lots of girls liked him, but he wasn't too into any of them. He was just a happy guy doing his thang slightly oblivious to his coolness.

Then it was gone and he was a spacey 5 year old again hanging upside and bonking his head on the bars.

No comments: