Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Sub

Parker's teacher was out yesterday sick. They had a sub so I volunteered in the class in them morning to help out. Which was a good idea as the sub was clueless.

Luckily (or not depending on who you are), the teacher left a note for the sub to have Parker lead the class for a period of time. At first Parker looked unsure of himself and I said, "Do you know what to do?" He mumbled, "well....yeah." And then did it.

He literally led the class for about 45 minutes, correcting students when they said August was a day and praising them when they got the right answer. He did dates, numbers, basic addition, a little song, a clapping thing about multiples, and other stuff. The teacher (and principal who popped in) were both speechless. It was pretty unbelievable what he was doing. I don't think either of them knew I was him mom.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Parker never ceases to amaze me! We are all so lucky to have him in our lives.