Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Fucking Pasta Pot

As you can imagine, we make a lot of pasta at our house. Several times a week. So I thought one of the pasta pots where you just pull out the strainer (rather than dumping out the water and pasta) would make my life easier. I told Michael about this and he got me one for my bday. The first time I used it I realized just how much water you have to put in those things. The strainer isn't close to the bottom of the bottom pot so there is lots of water below the strainer doing nothing. And you have to fill the strainer up to the top to get enough water to actually cover the pasta.

For the reasons noted above, I haven't used it much, but I did the other day when my sister was here since six kids would be eating the pasta, we needed alot. As I was taking out the strainer with all the pasta in it, I realized I didn't have any bowls. So I reached for one, but bobbled the strainer and some boiling hot water splashed on my face and right arm. I was so surprised by this that I immediately got some ice for my face thinking my arm was protected by my clothing. Well... as it turns out, my face was fine. My arm is now bubbled over and peeling and red from the burn that went through a long sleeve shirt.

Good Times.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ouch! That sucks. Neosporin and bandages, even worse than a burn is an infected one.