Sunday, January 29, 2012

Vegas Baby

I returned last night from a couple days in Las Vegas at the Balance Fitness Conference. It was a two plus day event at Planet Hollywood where fitness instructors go to learn new things, steal ideas from each other, and update their current routines. I went with Sara and Kym. Kym is the only actual fitness instrutor of the three of us, but since Sara and I lead stuff from time to time and since I'll probably try to pick up a class or two when the girls are in school more hours of the day, I figured, what the hell.

The flight was smooth, the hotel was nice and the conference was well-organized. In one day I took five classes: a spin class, BOSU workout, butt workout class called Booty Camp, a metabolic training workshop, and a yoga stretching class. They were all pretty good and I learned something in each one. Then at night, after we realized the pool and jacuzzi area were closed we went out to a nice dinner. And by nice, I mean expensive. But it was delicious (we were all starving since they dind't leave much time for breaks and eating at the conference) and we were all quite happy and full afterwards. Kym and Sara went out gambling, but I was pooped and my back hurt so I went back to the room and fell asleep. When they got in, I thought it was Miranda and Elizabeth coming to tell me they had nightmares.

The next day we had another spin class, a zumba class, a TRX class, and a bootcamp class of sorts (that I watched as my back was killing me at that point.) We decided to ditch the final class since it was another yoga stretching thing and had dinner together instead before Kym and I caught a plane back home.

It was a fun, but tiring weekend and we are going show what we learned to our bootcamp on Wednesday. If I can walk by then.

Waking up in Vegas. 16th floor.

Kym in our first spin class on Friday. It was a themed class to the music and plot of the movie 300. It was strange.

My bubbling lemon drop. Delish!

Happy, tired and soon to be tipsy gals.

Kym didn't know what Jimmy Choos were. Silly girl.

No comments: