Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Screaming at Kaiser

Parker has some strange bumps on his legs so we took him into the doctor this afternoon. They weren't sure what they were but gave him some antibiotics.

On our way, I knew we had about 15 minutes before the meds were ready and there was no line at the flu clinic so I said, "Let's get flu shots." Parker said, "Yay! I love shots!" and Miranda immediately started screaming "I Don't Wanna Get A Shot!" over and over again and refused to come in the room. She was hysterical. I finally calmed her down and we went in. Parker went first. No problem. I went next and then Miranda literally tried to run out of the room. I just grabbed her and held her down as she screamed and screamed. "I don't wanna get a shot!!!!!" It was hilarious to me.

Then it was over and her crying stopped. When we left through the waiting room, all these parents (and kids) were staring at her. I just kept laughing.

Back at home I said, "That sure was a lot of crying and screaming at the doctor." She said, "Well...I thought it was gonna hurt and I was scared. But, it didn't really."

1 comment:

Sara said...

Do you not do the FluMist? Simon even was able to do it this year. So much more pleasant than a shot. I hope the bumps on Parker's legs aren't anything. Remind me to tell you about "PeneloHip" sometime.