Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chess update

Parker and I have been playing a lot of chess recently, and he's beating me about 20% of the time these days. I never really cared for chess much, but I've come to enjoy it quite a bit, and it's definitely fun playing with Parker, who takes it very seriously, and is a crafty player. I usually beat him either because he made a mistake, or because he gets so focused on his strategy and he forgets to pay attention to mine. I'm hoping we keep playing for years.

Elizabeth has also taken an interest recently, so we are playing through the levels. She's on level six, having just tromped me on level five this morning. She gets very angry when she loses or makes a mistake, and she often mounts single-piece offense, but she's a feisty player and if she continues with it I think she'll be a force.

No comments: