Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ken ken

I've never been a sudoku player, nor had I ever heard of Ken Ken, a similar game, but Parker is on a Ken Ken bender and it's hard not to get pulled in. So this morning, while Rachel slept and the girls watched Annie for the umpteenth time, Parker and I played Ken Ken.

First he made me a 3x3 game, which he used to teach me how to play. Then he asked me to make him one. At first I said no because I wasn't sure how to go about it. But then as I sipped my coffee, I figured it out, so I made him a nice 5x5 game. He enjoyed that so much I made him a 6x6 game, which was hard to make and solve. We ended up working on the six puzzle together, and it was super fun. It's tricky to make them solvable. I am going to work on Parker's 5x5 puzzle he made me tonight but I am worried that it is unsolvable.

No comments: