Monday, April 23, 2012

Small world

This post is really just for my mom.

At horse class there is a lady who rides after us. I've never talked with her until today. She asked about Miranda and her love of horses. I told her a bit and said I hope it isn't a lifelong love because its expensive. She laughed and said "yes, ballet would be cheaper." She added that ballet was her business so I asked about it and told her about my childhood. She told me she did some work with SF ballet so I told her I knew some people with them. She knew them. So I mentioned Michael Shannon aka Michael Tubbs. She looked at me shocked and asked "you know him??? Wow." And then spoke of her knowledge of him in Russia when she worked with Bolshoi. We talked about him for a while. So I told her about the time I took a class with Barishnikov. She exclaimed, "I did too!" Then she talked about the struggle LA had starting and keeping a ballet company. So there we were, her in full riding gear, me sitting on the steps of a barn, talking about all this while Miranda was posting and trotting.

No comments: