Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Another recital

The girls had their end of the class recital in choir yesterday. It was much better than the first one mostly because, as Michael put it, the teacher wasn't a sociopath.  It was short and sweet.   And this might be tunnel vision or something, but it certainly seemed like our girls were the ones singing the best.  They knew the songs and sang loud when they should.

At the last one, they asked the parents to bring  cookies or drinks to have afterwards which I did.  But this time, I heard nothing about that.  Then Miranda tells me how excited she is about the cookies (that she remembers from last time).  So right before, I pick up a couple bags of Milanos and several dozen mini cupcakes.  It's a damn good thing I did because there was only two bags of oreo's and 8 juice boxes.  It was so lame. The staff person stood behind the table distributing the cupcakes like they were gold so Parker had about 8.  Cookies that is.  Right before dinner.

Before the recital, the had a parent meeting where they tried to up-sell us on the next class, Girls Training 1.  It's a class once a week and it costs $680 for the session.  For one kid.  I asked why it was so much higher than their current class ($310) and she couldn't tell me.  Michael and I both hate the organization that runs the classes so we aren't going to do it again, but if we did like them, it would have cost over $3500 for the year to sing once a week. Jesus.











No comments: