Sunday, June 03, 2012

Spring Recital

The girls had their ballet recital this evening. Months, weeks, days, hours of prep for less than 2 minutes on stage.  But damn if those girls didn't have the best buns and make up on stage.  Including the older kids.  A variety of kids did about 10 different dances and they were all fairly awful.  From Copelia to Nutcracker to Sleeping Beauty.  There were your expected falls and laughs at kid who forgot the moves.

It was hard to watch for me as I kept wondering if I sucked this badly way back when as these kids did tonight.  (I'm not talking about the 5 and 6 year olds either. I'm talking about girls that looked 13, 14, and 15.)  I'd like to think I could actually turn out my legs (which none of them could) or bourre without it sounding like elephants, but perhaps my memories are rose colored and I was as terrible as all of them.  Miranda wants to do it again and Elizabeth is done.  Half success I guess.







No comments: