Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hilarity Ensues

There are some phrases that Michael and I say that always demand a follow up...usually from me.   For example, when Michael or I say "I have no place else to go" in the sense of..."why don't you escape the house for a bit" or when playing a game where a piece moves.  The follow up is always me saying, "I've GOT NO PLACE ELSE TO GO" like Richard Gere said in an officer and a gentlemen when he is doing push ups in the rain and mud.

Another one is if Michael says, "You should avail yourself of x, y or z"  (Michael is really the only one who says this because, really, who says avail these days?)  I always come back with "A VAIL! A VAIL!" from A Kliban book when two guys are in a boat pointing to a whale.

The last one I can think of right now is also a Kliban reference.  It's when someone says, "Do you see them?" Then the other says, "I see them."  Then I say, "Hasidim too!"

No comments: