Thursday, June 14, 2012

Done with Kindergarten


Yesterday was the last day of school.  The girls are done with kindergarten. Elizabeth was very upset and her anxiety about it started the day before when she just started crying and said she didn't know why.  Then before school she was sad and when Ms. M said goodbye on the playground, she was even more sad.  Miranda was fine.    Even up until the last day I kept thinking the teacher would come up to me to let me know the girls would be repeating kindergarten.  (This will be a life long problem with me unable to NOT compare them to Parker.)  So when I saw them walking out with their flags waving with the things they were proud of, I got a little choked up.)

Parker's class didn't have a big dismissal. He just walked out like any other day. I guess he is a big kid now.

I took the girls and their twin friends Beck and Bauer to Six Flags along with Parker and his friend Owen. I originally invited Owen since I figured he could ride the roller coasters with Parker, but he was too afraid and Parker was stuck doing the baby rides or stuff by himself.  Everyone had a good time though and herding 6 kids through the amusement park wasn't as bad as it sounds.  The girls then had a sleep over at Beck and Bauers and Parker came home to most cherished alone time with Mom and Dad.  We played cards and Parker and I slept in the TV room.

All in all, a good day.










No comments: