Saturday, September 22, 2007

Last Night

Yesterday was the end of bottles and formula. The girls drink wonderfully from a sippy cup, but we didn't think the transition would be easy. Which is why we waited for the weekend when Dad could do some crying it out sessions if they woke up demanding bottles. I slept in the back last night because I can't stand the crying it out stuff. I think I can do it, and then within like 10 minutes, I say, "Shouldn't we go in there? Just to check on them?" So out back I went.

This morning, I checked the monitors and silence. It was 6:30 (past when babies and little boys are awake) so I thought, "Ahhh, poor dad, he must have been awake with them in the middle of the night and now they are making up lost sleep time."

So I sneak into the house to tell Michael he can go get some sleep in the back now. I find him sleeping upstairs with Parker playing Letters in the room with the light on.

"How did it go?"

"They were up for about an hour from 2-3 and then again around 4."

"Really?!"

"No, they slept the whole night without a peep." (Michael always tries to fake me out but he is a terrible actor and he never convinces me.)

Yipee! Now, today has been another matter. Very cranky and thirsty babies refusing to drink milk from a sippy cup. Ah well...there is always tomorrow.

Speaking of cranky...the girls fight over the walker/rider from mom ALOT. They both want to sit in it and Elizabeth will not give up until she is there. She pitches the most major fit and then goes and sits on Miranda. Miranda just sort of shrieks until someone comes to save her. The whole thing is quite ridiculous.

No comments: