Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A good try.

I was just about to start putting the girls down for nap when Elizabeth was making motions of needing to go to the bathroom. So I took her in there and Parker followed. He said he had to make a poop. So Elizabeth went and then Parker went. Since Parker has a habit of thinking he is done before he is actually done resulting in poop accidents minutes after he goes, I told him to try to get some more out. And he, quite proudly, did. Everyone got cleaned up and Parker went up stairs to play while I but the girls down.

It was very quiet while I was singing and reading to the girls. Then I heard some pitter patter down the stairs and moments later, back up. And then quiet again.

When I left the girl's rooms, I looked into the bathroom and there were Parker's underwear all pooped up and some toilet paper on the ground with poop on it and some in the toilet. I looked upstairs and there was Parker in new underwear. I said, "Did you have to go poop in your pants?" Yeah, he said. Did you try to clean it up? Yeah, he said. So I asked him to come downstairs where we did the actual cleaning up and got him yet another fresh pair of underwear.

Considering the alternative was him screaming that he needed help from me while I was in the midst of putting the girls down, I was quite glad, despite all the poop, he took care of things himself.

No comments: