Monday, March 24, 2008

Swimming

Parker's been taking a swim class for the past 4 weeks and I wanted to see how much he's really taken in. So we went down to Santa Monica College pool today after naps. Eran took off early so we had one adult for each baby. Just minutes after getting in the water, it was clear how the day would go. Miranda was very unhappy. Wimpering, hiding her eyes and clinging to me with all her life. Parker was in heaven. Jumping up and down, going under the water and yes, even jumping off the edge of the pool all by himself. When Elizabeth saw this, she wanted in. She motioned towards the edge, climbed up and then flung herself in like she was Ester Williams. She could NOT get enough of it. Over and over, up to the edge, down in the water. She would just walk off the edge. She didn't care if I was there or not. In fact, she preferred it if I wasn't there. She must have done this 50 or 60 times over and over and over. She woud go completely under, come up looking shocked and then giggle and point to the wall again. People sitting around were amazed. As was I.

Eran ended up sitting with Miranda back on the deck until Amy swapped with him.

I think I'll try to head back with just Elizabeth and Parker again this week. They had too much fun.

No comments: