Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Almost there...

Last year, Michael and I went to a 40th birthday party for one of his close friends (his witness at our wedding) in SF. Her hubby had rented out a small restaurant and invited all her close friends from around the world. Considering the number of people and type of restaurant, it could not have cheap. I wondered aloud what I would do for my 40th since I surely didn't have enough friends to pull something like that off.

Soon after I decided exactly what I wanted...a spa weekend with the gals. I checked with Michael re: the budget, checked with friends re: date, checked with cottages re: availability, and checked with spa re: treatments. It feels like months in the making...because it was. But now...it's just three days away. By Friday afternoon, me and 5 of my closest friends will be enjoying a relaxing, kid free, spa-tastic, weekend in Calistoga complete with pools, dinners, hot tubs, massages, sitting around, facials, body polishes and general hanging out. We are all quite excited. Some of us got new clothes. Some decided to shave our legs. Some have checked the weather forecast daily. And some are already packed.

We are all ready. Bring. It. On.

4 comments:

Kika said...

Can't wait! Will start packing soon, oh and shave ;)

Amity said...

I'm so jealous...I wish I were in California so I could help you celebrate! Have a wonderful time, you deserve it! Happy early Birthday!

Unknown said...

What a great way to start out the new decade! Cheers! (I'm a tad bit jealous too--how fun a whole weekend kidless)

Lori said...

Have a great time, Rachel! You deserve it! Happy Birthday!