Friday, November 20, 2009

Random Friday Crap

1. ) I went to the Chiropractor today... something I've been doing for a couple months now. I don't think it's actually working, but I'm seeing it through. Today, he asked me what I was doing for Thanksgiving. I said I was heading to LA. I added, Santa Monica really.

He said, Oh, I used to live in Santa Monica.

Oh really, where?

12th and Montana.

Excuse me? That is where I live. Where on 12th and Montana?

Oh, I lived in the back-house of this big house two houses up from Montana.

Seriously? You lived at Dominic's house?

Yeah, Dominic. About 10 years ago.

Well, my parents lived and live next door.

How crazy is that? My friggin' chiropractor who is a dad of twins lived next door to my parents.

2.) Without getting into too much gory detail, it appears I'm having more medical issues. I had to go in for some blood tests the other day. I took the girls with me. I explained to them what was going to happen, how it might hurt a little, but it's no big deal and they could watch. When the guy put the needle in my arm, Elizabeth started crying. She was so sad for me. It was sad and cute all together. She kept saying, I don't want them to take my blood.

3.) I'm been doing a very nice job of staying home and letting the kids play. I think it's easier for me to do so because they are playing much better together. For example, yesterday Elizabeth asked me to paint her face with this face painting crayons we have. She got her face and ran upstairs to show her brother and sister. Who of course came downstairs wanting their own faces painted. This pattern went on and one for a good long time and by the end of it they were covered from head to toe in face paint, bandaids, and tatoos. They were also naked and wearing their Thanksgiving preschool costumes which were very un-PC Indians. They looked like savages. I couldn't get many pictures because of the nakedness. These are after the play session when most of it had worn off.






4.) I rearranged the art supplies today so they could get their own stuff and draw, stamp, sticker whenever they wanted. Here is what Miranda did today which impressed me greatly.



No comments: