Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Bad case of the stripes

Yesterday, another mom at the preschool watched Parker for a bit before school since I had to head to the appointment for Miranda. She watched him at the park, then walked him over to school and then left with her own son who was in the earlier class. When she arrived to meet us at the park, Parker was playing in the fountain with a toddler. He was putting his hands in and making handprints and then putting his feet in. I told the other mom, he could put his feet in, but not stand up. I asked Parker if he was done with this before I left or did he want to continue and have her put his socks and shoes on? He opted for the latter. So when I went to pick him up and he was wearing rainbow stripes socks, I got confused. He explained that "that baby threw his own socks in the fountain and they got wet so he had to take some socks from that mom." He was pretty excited about the whole striped sock thing. He only has white socks (like me) so these new socks were quite a thrill. So thrilling that he slept in them and wanted to wear them again. I didn't allow that, but I did tell him we would get some stripes socks. He also said he wanted polka dots socks. So while the girls were in school and after some errands, we went to Kohls. I checked out the boy sock selection, but really nothing there but black and white. So we went over the girls side where they had a nice big choice of stripes and dotted socks. Parker picked out the ones he wanted (pink and purple ones with sparkles on them) and asked if he could wear them immediately. He put the polka dotted ones on and was quite proud. He showed all his teachers and other moms and sisters and random people on the street.

I wonder how long I can buy him girl socks without him noticing or caring.

2 comments:

Kika said...

Gap also has fun striped socks, some boys ones too!

Lori said...

I hope he will wear girl socks forever if it makes him happy...and never give a sh*t what people think. Bless his heart!