Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In November...

Each month in preK, the kids have to learn and recite "Chicken Soup with Rice" for the corresponding month. Starting with September, "In September for a while, I will ride a crocodile down the chicken soupy nile, paddle once, paddle twice, paddle chicken soup with rice." Then October and now November.

Parker memorizes it immediately for two reasons...one because he just memorizes things fast and two because we have the book and have it on video and the kids used to watch it all the time.

Lately, Elizabeth has been interested in it. She tries to recite it along with Parker and it's very cute.

Today, when we were picking up the girls and dropping off Parker, Elizabeth says she wants to do the "chicken soup with rice" thing. Since I'm not sure how she is going to do that, I walk her into Mrs. Loey (one of the preK teachers) and tell her that Elizabeth wants to tell her something. Elizabeth then says, "Hey Mrs. Loey! I can do the November chicken soup with rice thing." So Mrs. Loey says, "Wow, go for it." Elizabeth then launches into it (In November's gusty gail, I will flop my flippy tail, I'll spout hot soup, I'll be a whale! Spouting once, spouting twice, spouting chicken soup with rice) and makes no mistakes. Mrs. Loey appeared genuinely impressed and amazed. She not only gave her (and Miranda) a sticker, but she wrote her name on the board with the other PreK kids who had already recited it (Parker being one of them.)

That crazy Elizabeth.

No comments: